This is my longest standing project – it’s a long term hobby!
The premise of this was to be a shopkeeper/adventurer, much along the likes of Recettear, however I wanted more of the permanent roguelike elements to make an appearance. So when you lose a fight, you die and that’s it! I also wanted this to cross over into other things, so if you were in debt for too long without making any payments, people would come and begin repossessing your things and even your take the shop. Ideally there would be a couple of routes out of a situation like that – sell up everything and be a full time adventurer?, sign a deal with the thieves and local thugs? Fight off all the guards who come to try and touch your stuff!
The current state of the game is not close to realising this yet, I got quite distracted with generating everything so never really made any progress on making the “game” part, plus it’s been on hiatus whilst working on my masters’ but I will come back around to it eventually.
- Controllable player character
- Dungeons that are visit-able
- Can pick up items
- Player has skills
- Can use some items
- Procedurally (almost) generated a world
- Traders go between cities
- Cities trade with each other and have a supply and demand
- Pathfinding – roads generated with it, and some dumb AI generate and follow paths between cities.
Current (or next) goals:
- Finish biome generation
- Finish dungeon generation
- City/Settlement generation