I have completed an MSc in Advanced Computer Science (awaiting results). I love throwing the “Advanced” bit in there all casual-like because I got “upgraded” and it made me feel special. I’m probably not quite worthy of the title, but I have learnt a lot and am enjoying myself so I’ll use it proudly 🙂
My dissertation topic was “AI- Based Crowd Simulation”, and it was an open ended project. The project(or corpus) was worked on by myself and three other students over the course of roughly three months.
I was developed the agent behaviours and the behaviour system that used them. It was written in Java, using the libGDX framework.
Some features of the finished product:
- Basic flocking rules (Reynolds)
- More complex set of behaviours – eg, Panic, Hunger.
- Multi Species
- Customisable behaviour for a species
- Evolution of behaviour from an Evolutionary Algorithm
- Initial simulation setup
- Ability to place new animals and objects once simulation has begun.
You can download a zip of the project here